Friday 18 January 2013

Introduction

18th January 2013

After umming and aahing for months years I have finally decided to launch into the world of blogging.  I used to keep diaries when I was little so I'm hoping that this won't be too different!  It will also force me to (finally) learn how to use my camera that currently makes me look like a complete techno-whizz when I hold it but in reality scares the beejeebies out of me.  Who knows, I may even bite the bullet and venture into the completely mysterious world of photo editing!
Look how pretty the fields are in the Spring!
So here is a bit of an intro.  I'm older than 28 (cough), married to the most amazing man (yay!), have a cat (Gypsy) and moved to Canterbury from London to go to University here and never went back.  I love my city and the surrounding areas of the Garden of England and want to share that with the rest of the world.  If I'm honest, I don't miss the dirt and grime of London at all and, being less than an hour away, I can still visit if the whim takes me.

This blog will (I hope) showcase my favourite places to eat, drink and make merry, the little secret shops and boutiques and the hidden gems of this beautiful corner of England as well as anything else that takes my fancy.
Cat-criant
I may as well explain the name while I'm here.  Miscriant is a nickname my husband gave me years ago when we first met- it's a play on Miss + my maiden name and yes, I know you normally spell it 'miscreant' but that just doesn't tie in with my maiden name! It has kinda stuck and is now my Twitter moniker as well. I promise I'm not a lawbreaker, rascal or knave. 

I'm heavily into amateur dramatics and am part of a local Players group so that may well get mentioned.  You have been warned.

With that in mind I hope to update at least once a week.....

1 comment:

  1. Hey Becky! Welcome to the world of blogging, I look forward to reading more of your posts x

    themaibug.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete