Sunday 21 April 2013

Body Shop Haul

I need to learn how to say no and keep walking.  I got collared in the High Street by one of the ladies who works in the Body Shop with the offer of a £3 off voucher.  I needed some night cream, I knew that I liked the Body Shop night cream, I merrily skipped in to purchase the night cream and sheepishly slunk back out having purchased two other products and a free sample.  Oops.
The Vitamin E Night Cream is an old favourite.  It is heavily moisturising, claiming to replenish moisture levels while you sleep.  It is rich and decadent but quickly absorbed and non-greasy.  At £11 for 50ml it it not the cheapest night cream out there but by no means is it the most expensive either.  The Body Shop has so many deals and offers on though you would normally be able to get it on some sort of deal like I did!
I'll be honest - I grabbed this because I had a £5 voucher and I needed some shampoo.  It has been a long time since I have used Body Shop shampoo (I used to swear by their Banana shampoo but stopped using it years ago for some reason).

The Rainforest hair care range has a number of different shampoos and conditioners in it, in two sizes (250ml and 400ml) with no silicones, sulphates, parabens or colourants.  My hair had been feeling a bit product heavy recently so a good cleansing shampoo was what was needed.

I purchased the Shine shampoo and it has been wonderful so far.  After a couple of weeks my hair does honestly feel lighter and has more bounce and body.   It doesn't lather up like other shampoos due to the lack of SLS's and it is pricier than supermarket brand shampoos (£4.50 for 250ml, £6.50 for 400ml) but the fact that you need very little makes up for this.  The scent is fresh, subtle and non-overpowering.  Overall a good shampoo.
The Grapeseed Glossing Serum was a complete impulse purchase.  I'm terrible for these but this one was worth it.  As we move into summer I don't want to dry and style my hair every day which normally means a big ball of frizz.  This glossing serum smooths and calms fly-aways and highlights my curls and waves when I decide to keep them in.  It also claims to help with split ends and adds moisture to dull, dry hair.  A single pump does my entire head of hair (which is thick and down past my shoulder blades).  This little bottle will last for a long time, which for £7 for 75ml is not bad value.

I also got a free sample of the Nutriganics Drops of Youth, designed for the first signs of aging, to enhance skin condition, smooth and moisturise.  A serum treatment, three drops a day, applied under your moisturiser is all you require.  I was given a tiny container full and it will last a good couple of weeks.  I am seriously tempted to repurchase this as my skin feels completely hydrated, even twelve hours after application.  30ml will set you back £22 which for the amount of time that this will last seems pretty good value. 

All in all, a pretty good value haul from The Body Shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment