Saturday 27 April 2013

Double Dipped

The extremely welcome emergence of spring has bought the summer planning vibe out in all my friends.  BBQ's and Beer Festival's are all suddenly within touching distance.

One friend has been particularly brave and decided she is throwing a picnic for her birthday.  This weekend.  We are still in April so I'm hoping she has a backup plan just in case the weather decides to rain on our parade picnic!

I decided to go all dippy with my contributions and whipped up two different dunkers.
Aubergine, Garlic and Tahini
Roasted Red Pepper and Feta.

Both are really easy, relatively healthy and quick.  The names are also relatively long winded so from now I will just refer to them as Green and Red.

I love garlic so I tend to go heavy.  Just tone down as much or as little as you want!

For the Green you need 1 aubergine, 1 lemon, handful of parsley, rock salt, and garlic.  I used 2 fat cloves.
For the Red you need two sweet peppers, good slug of olive oil, parsley, marjoram or oregano, garlic (2 cloves again) and half a block of feta cheese.  You could also stick a red chilli in here to pack an extra punch.  Normally I would but I wasn't making this just for me so thought it was probably best not to make people cry at a birthday picnic.
Roast the veg, peel the aubergine and chop the pepper.  Blitz to a puree with their other ingredients.
Store in airtight containers in the fridge.  They will keep well for a couple of days.
Dunk straight from the pot with your dunking implement of choice.  I favour bread sticks, pitta and crudites.

No comments:

Post a Comment