Saturday 4 May 2013

Slutty Brownies

I was good for my dips for Sasha's birthday picnic.

I had to go naughty for the dessert.

Slutty Brownies naughty.

Cookie dough, oreo's and brownie mix.  Stacked calorifically high, oozing liquid chocolate all over you.

This is not a first date dessert.   It is the perfect introduction to brownie making for the novice cook though!

This is another Pinterest recipe that has been doing the rounds for a while now.  Kevin and Amanda has the earliest version I could find and I think The Londoner coined the name.  It is so simple and really rather a cop-out but people love them.  If you want to go all out and earn some 'brownie points' (yes I did just go there) you could make the cookie dough and brownie batter yourself.  If you really wanted to. 

Take 2 packets cookie dough mix and make up according to the instructions.  Press down in a baking dish lined with grease proof paper
Line up the oreos on the dough getting as many in whole as possible.  I used the oreo's with chocolate creme filling but I hear the double stuffed ones are really good as well.
Take 1 box / packet brownie mix and make up according to the instructions.  Smother all over the oreo's.  Spoon lick-age is encouraged.

Bung in a pre-heated over (180*C) for 30 minutes.

Leave to cool for 10 minutes before removing them from the baking dish if you want them warm and gooey with ice cream, leave for at least an hour if you want them firmer and ready to transport.
Sweet tooth craving?  Sorted.

I have a confession here.  My tooth isn't that sweet (this actually makes my mouth hurt just thinking about it) - I much prefer dark chocolate or savoury.

The boys however when I served them at the picnic...their grubby little mitts were all over these! 

No comments:

Post a Comment